Monday, March 11, 2013

{Our Weekly Menu: March 11th, 2013}


So I don't have a complete menu planned for this week, but I do have a few things planned =)  So here I am, sharing....  lol, I'm not very good at this food/blogging am I?! =) 

Monday
For tonight I offered to take my brother and sister-in-law dinner since they just welcomed Baby Girl to the family two days ago! =)  I had lots of chicken, golden potatoes, green beans, and garlic (even enough for two meals!) and so I made Roasted Garlicy Chicken, Potatoes, & Green Beans for Monday =)  It's a family favorite on my side, and now with Seth and I's family too!  ;)  I just hope Kyle & Kristen enjoyed it!!!  

Tuesday
I have a lot of stir fry veggies hanging out in the fridge from last week... so Stir Fry is the plan!  Complete with onions, colorful peppers, mushrooms (which I had to buy more of =), sugar snap peas, celery, and carrots.  I haven't decided if we'll do chicken or if I'll try and find a steak package in the freezer instead =D  What's your favorite?!  Also... has anyone done stir fry with quinoa?  I'm debating back and forth between trying quinoa or sticking with the familiar brown rice!  

Wednesday
There's left over collard greens in the fridge, and even though I'd love to try them a different way sometime, it isn't going to happen this busy week.  Collard Wrapped Tilapia it is! =)  

Thursday 
Is quite undecided!  I really need to raid the kitchen and see if there are things that need to be used up this week, and also what sounds good to this preggo mommy {meaning: scrumptious and easy! lol!} 

Friday 
I'm planning on soup.  Not sure what kind yet.... maybe something that can simmer on the back of the stove all day, or in the crockpot.  Or, perhaps I'll do chili if Baby Three and I "think" that sounds good Friday morning  =)  

Saturday 
I'll be gone all day at Baby Sophie's (baby) shower!!!  Yay!  Don't know if we'll be having dinner at my parents or at home... if here at home after I'm back, probably a turkey sandwich with lots of romaine lettuce, a thin slice of cheddar cheese, and yummy-I'm-preggo-craving Honey Mustard! Hehe!

Soooo... I'm curious, does anyone else plan a menu for the week?!  Or for the month???  How do you go about planning and budgeting?  I'd love to learn from you any tips and secrets you'd like to share!  =)  

2 comments:

  1. I've just been working on our menu/grocery plan this morning so I guess I'll share, since you asked :)
    Tonight-Leftovers :) Beef Stroganoff
    Wed- Homemade Pepperoni Pizza, with the mushrooms leftover from making the stroganoff
    Thurs-Baked Omelet with plenty of veggies, biscuits and fruit
    Fri-Spaghetti (because it's easy!) Thinking about trying multi-grain pasta this time.
    Sat-Not sure yet....
    Sun-Irish food for St. Patty's Day. Probably Corned Beef, potatoes and cabbage and Irish Soda Bread
    Also.... I "need" to make a cheesecake sometime with the cream cheese I bought on a great sale at Christmas time. It's about to expire. If I have enough energy, I would also like to make bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I used to try to do a weekly menu, but I always messed it up. It seems what ever I thought would be good on any given day of the week, didn't sound good on that day. Anna: I use cream cheese in in chicken strips after they are cooked and also add some red curry. It is really yummy and no carbs to boot.

    ReplyDelete