Sunday, May 11, 2014

{Mother's Day Breakfast}


The only thing missing from my kidlet-ful, sunny, Mother's Day morning was my hardworking, firefighter/EMT husband (who yes is working today in those occupations!) and bacon!!! :) 
This is what and who graced the breakfast table today.....
MBug and Mister J (are't they cute?), 3 varieties of muffin in a mug, and of course coffee!!! ;) Lit' Lex was happily playing in the living room :)

So, are you curious about that strange plate of muffin slices??? :) 
Here are better pictures first:
Left to right: Lemon, Chocolate, Blueberry! The white stuff is cream cheese THM "frosting" and the brown, peanut butter "frosting". 
Messy, in a hurry, multi-tasking me! :) This is the #BeRealChallenge photo today. I am coming to peace that I am not like my mother (as dear and neat as she is :) nor any of my sisters or friends. I am me. And that is just alright! 
Here is what the muffins look like fresh from the mugs! :)
Muffins sliced and shared :) I love my plates! Arent they so happy and colorful?! 

So every muffin in a mug has a base from the one in the THM book. (Pg. 256) These MIMs are an "S" for anyone interested.
I discovered something about their original recipe/ the CHOCOLATE one this week.... It makes ALL the difference if you have the right sweetners!!!!! Lol. So I used 1.5 packets of Truvia (approx one and half tsp) plus a GOOD shake of the pure white stevia extract powder. The book actually says you can use between 2-4 tsp of Truvia but I have been going very light on the Truvia as I was showing signs of my body negatively reacting to it in bad stomach aches. I actually think the amount I used is about right; could be sweeter but doesn't need to be. ;) I also added one non-purist thing and that was about a tsp of non-approved mini chocolate chips. I don't very often, but thought today was special :) 

To make a LEMON muffin omit the chocolate, add lemon essential oil (food grade) or lemon extract and about 1 T of lemon juice. Also, dont forget to add extra "flour" (almond flour/flaxseed meal) as if won't have that extra from the chocolate's cocoa powder. ;) This muffin is so light and tart and cheery! I love the lemon!!! 

And now for my daughter's favorite: BLUEBERRY!!! I omitted the cocoa powder/added more almond flour and flaxseed meal, of course, and also added a few frozen blueberries. Make sure you add vanilla too. Lol! (But you already know don't you, that I add vanilla to everything that fits under the "baked good" category!) Because the blueberries add a lot more moisture you may need to microwave/bake longer. Today mine took 1 minute 20 seconds instead of the 55-60 seconds of the other two. 

Today I felt like I was indulging a bit maybe on the "dark side" (sorry, that's my nerdy side coming out, lol. Read "bad for me/unhealthy/guilty". :) by the frostings but they are ALSO Trim Healthy Mama approved! Can you believe that?! ;) 
I pretty much took the idea from the book, but is slightly different, so here is the recipe:
(By the way this is for enough for three muffins or so, hehe)

Mimicked Cream Cheese Frosting
Take 1-2 oz Cream Cheese, 2ish Tbsp Butter, dash of vanilla, liquid Stevia (Nunaturals is my fAvorite), and between 3/4-1 cup Greek Yogurt (I had Kirkland's fat free in my fridge today). Blend up with a small whisk or with a blender til smooth. The kids loved this too. :)

The peanut butter stuff is technically some filling I had leftover from chocolate peanut butter cups (THM), and is just a mixture of natural PB and powdered Xylitol, to personal taste and consistency. It was pretty good on that chocolate slice :)

So, truly all that was missing was the bacon and husband! Good thing they'll both make it up to me tomorrow. ;) I hope. Hehe. ;) 
Happy Mother's Day and here's to healthy eating!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment