Tuesday, March 25, 2014

{Chai, French Vanilla}

I told you all in this tea happy post how I got three sample of Twinings Tea to try back in late October and shared how I just adored the Honeybush, Mandarin & Orange tea!

My second cup was the Chai, French Vanilla.

It was chai flavored.  It was vanilla flavored.  It was also overwhelmingly sweet and as if someone had dumped waaaay too much real vanilla into the batch.  Honestly, I thought I'd love it and here I hated it.  And it makes me soooo sad to admit that. =(
The description says it is a "fine black tea perfectly balanced with the flavours of vanilla and savoury spices of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and ginger".  It did taste like "chai" however I'm afraid that it just did not stand up to Stash's Chai Spice tea (which is the only hot chai {tea} I've liked).  The chai flavors seemed more bitter and not the powerful blast of perfectly balanced flavors of Chai Spice or even Oregon Chai Tea Latte concentrate (my very favorite!).  I was sadly disappointed about that.
Even more so though, I was heartbroken over this vanilla catastrophe.  I love vanilla.  I put it in every baked treat and breakfast waffle, pancake, and every muffin.  I even add extra!  But this tea soooo vanilla-ey, sweet and bitter at the same time, I couldn't even drink the whole cup.  I didn't like it plain, nor with cream/milk.  It was really just plain awful. =(

So.  Now that I've said horrid things about it and you'll now never try it or Twinings Tea....  Can I just stand by my first Twinings tea, the Honeybush Citrus one and say that they've at least made ONE tea that I love!  And for that, I'm not giving up on Twinings yet! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment