Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fluffiest Pancakes! {a Tuesday tip from Second Violin}

Today I made pancakes. One of those, "oh boy! Pantry and fridge are mostly out of food.... What do I cook?!?!" kind of day! :P

So pancakes it was :) And guess what I finally nailed down??? FLUFFY PANCAKES!!! :)  As a kid I loved going to restaurants and ordering their special pancakes (so often buttermilk!) especially because they were so fluffy and amazing :) Today I confirmed my suspicions.....

..... For fluffy pancakes use both baking powder and baking soda! Yep, that's it! :) 

Here is the batch I whipped up today: 

3 eggs
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup almond milk (or so)
Vanilla (1 or more tsp)
Butter extract (1/2 tsp) 
2 cups flour (give or take)
1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Mix all and cook in pan with some coconut oil or butter, to desired doneness! 
Mmm, is that a word "doneness"??? Lol. :) 

Anyways, these pancakes were fluffy and yummy, and seriously the plate was GONE in minutes! 
Of course maybe that was because of my homemade Strawberry & Peach Sauce! ;) Or because breakfast turned into lunch... We was all starvin'! :) 





1 comment:

  1. Yummy....I want some right now....well maybe for dinner since I just ate lunch. I like that you used cottage cheese

    ReplyDelete