Sunday, July 28, 2013

{Comfort Food: Soup and Protein}

Seth had been gone working at the fire station all day, I forgot to get out any frozen protein, I knew I really needed a good protein for dinner, and I'm trying to get the whole THM thing.... soooo 'what to make?'  Especially since pregnant mommy was thinking some "comfort food" sounded good (like Campbell's Tomato Soup) Well, there was canned salmon in the pantry... and I came across one of Serene and Pearl's soup recipes when flipping through the book looking for the salmon patty recipe, soooo suddenly I had dinner idea! =)
Menu:
Salmon Patties - Trim Healthy Mama "S" and Better Than Campbell's Tomato Soup - also THM "S" and small salad (leftover steamed broccoli and cauliflower for the kids).

 So the salmon patties were super easy to throw together... one can of Salmon (mine was a small can from Costco), a bit of oatmeal, one egg, celtic sea salt, pepper, a good dash of Oregano, and mix together and form three patties.  Cook up/fry in a generous amount of coconut oil.
We had them with a bit of ranch dressing as they did seem to need some sauce.  But overall, they were quite good!  (and both kiddos really liked them!!! Hooray!)  Next time, if I have them, I'd definitely add regular or green onion, basil or cilantro, spritz of fresh lemon, etc.  =)

So this tomato soup was super yummy, even though I did put too much cayenne pepper in for me! Especially for summer!  Boy, does it warm ya' up! lol! =)  By the way, I think this was my first time at making homemade tomato soup, and I was quite happy it turned out! (I've had some crummy stuff of the homemade.)  (Thanks to Serene and Pearl for a good recipe =)  


No comments:

Post a Comment