Thursday, August 7, 2014

{bunless}

I once thought I may not be able to give up hamburger and hotdog buns.... But lo and behold I am realizing I can and that I enjoy my hamburgers and hotdogs as much (or nearly so!) 
This is what I did with mine tonight....
..... I pan "fried"/cooked a hamburger and sprinkled a bit of mozzarella cheese then some sriracha sauce and then a thin slice of cheddar cheese to hide the mozzarella and let it all melt. I had a pile of chopped romaine lettuce ready on my plate and topped it with the hamburger, avocado, tomato slices, salt and pepper, a smidgen of spicy mustard and then some leftover homemade Barbeque sauce! Wow.... It sounded so weird, looked it too, but it was so scrumptious! And it was loads less of calories and carbs and so much healthier!!! :) 
So if you are struggling to eat bun-less .... Just put the thinking cap on try something new and you may just be surprised and delighted by your new creation! ;) 

Sorry for no pictures.... I quickly made it and scarfed it down as I had a very upset baby hanging on one leg, and two older kidlets fighting with each other, and another mess to clean up from my newly mopped floor! Lol. Just the way it is over here with this mommy and her 3 Musketeers! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment