Sunday, June 2, 2013

{New Pancake Topping - Yum, Yum!}

Sooo... I promised posting about the yummy and quite healthy way I've been topping our pancakes and... so here we are! =)

I've always loved just regular syrup with my pancakes, and probably way too much of it! =)  (sad smile too) Well, I've been wanting to try and use less and at the very least less sugar, and I've found a local syrup (maple flavored) that has no high fructose syrup and although it's a better option I know it's not a very good healthy option.
Well, a few days ago when I made the GF cottage cheese pancakes I decided to use just a tiny teeny (seriously!!!) bit of butter to melt on the pancakes, a drizzle of the above syrup on one pancake and topped the second with good n healthy honey Greek yogurt and berries (yeah, did you know there is unhealthy Greek yogurt?!  Didn't know myself to 'til this past week either! =0).  Guess what?!  My husband thought I had put whipped cream on them!  Yes, they are that yummy!!!  =)  By the way, when I made them a few days later (yesterday in fact ;) I opted to skip the syrup altogether on mine and I really didn't even notice!  WOW! =)

If you're thinking, however, that I'm going to give up maple flavored syrup altogether for Greek yogurt and berries... well, no.  (lol)  I am not sure I can, 'cause that's one special thing about pancakes: that delicious syrup! =)  BUT, I do think we'll save it for very special occasions! ;)

Anyways, hope you decide to try your pancakes or waffles this way soon and enjoy it as much as we all did!!!
P.S.  I think this topping may be Trim Healthy Mama-plan approved.  Not sure how much yogurt nor if honey-flavored is allowed, although I know for sure that plain with a little bit of stevia sweetener is.  Just wanted to note that for those interested! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment