Thursday, May 30, 2013

{Trim Healthy Mama}

My mum has been receiving the women's and mother's magazineAbove Rubies for almost 10 years now since a sweet younger mama shared it with her..... and the Lord ended up guiding me to go and serve with them in Tennessee six years this coming September as a "Rubie Helper", which is essentially an office secretary/S&H gal/answering service/all-around-office-international-ministry-helper!  Well, the founder and editress, Nancy Campbell, has two daughters that have written a new book called "Trim Healthy Mama" (also found here).  I've been wondering for a while if it was worth the $35 and 600 pages especially since when I was there serving I knew one of the sisters was a health nut like you couldn't believe and was very hesitant as to what kind of life-eating-plan they would be promoting!
Well, last month Above Rubies had a mother's day special and I decided, after following Trim Healthy Mama on facebook for several months, that it would be a great time to order it and check it out!  
And.... I am really enjoying it!  =)  Yes, I'm still a little nervous, after all I probably have to give up all regular sugar but the information is mind-blowing and Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison go over all the diets and eating lifestyles you can imagine, explain why most do not work for a life-time, why so many women and mothers just can't lose baby/children weight, and then they share years of research and experience and the testing hundreds of recipes!  I was also impressed with how easy and fun this 600 page book is; even with how crazy busy the past several weeks have been I have been able to read a good chunk of the book! =)  

Anyhows... here is the official website (there are also great reviews on Amazon) if you're interested in checking it out for yourself ........... and the next post is about a combination of one of their recipes and mine! =)  Yum yum! 
P.S.  I hear of lots of males/fathers/husbands that are changing their eating lifestyles to THM (Trim Healthy Mama) too... and are really enjoying it!!!  So, this is really for the whole family and although I'm sure it sounds a little daunting to most guys, my personal opinion from reading and looking over all the recipes and knowing what my own man loves, men will actually enjoy the food!  Besides if their wife is slimming down and toning up and they are too.... well, who wouldn't be for that?!  =)  Lol!  

No comments:

Post a Comment